Sunday, November 15, 2009

Thoughts

This is a poem I wrote somewhere between 1995-1997 - between grade six and grade 8.  I had transferred it onto my first Dell Desktop when I went off to university with one of those old floppy disks from our family's first PC - an IBM PS/1.  And yes, the poem is entitled "Thoughts".  Hopefully it doesn't disappoint you too much - maybe just a litte ;).

Sometimes I often sit and think of why we're here today
I sit here and I think of every word I'm 'bout to say

I don't know if I understand why Jesus died for me
Except the fact He died and set the Holy Spirit free

Because the Lord has died for me I guess I will be sad
I know He rose again some day and that's why I'll be glad

I know that Jesus loves my life some old songs tell me so
If you get a chance, I'd prefer some rock and roll

Now worship and community are things I understand
So let me get a group of folks to raise their gentle hands

I know the Spirit is really true because He talks to me
I am so alive and filled with immortality

And if you touch the living God please tell me how to reach
Because I want to let Him know, of Him I want to preach

Well anyway, I've got to go because it's late at night
But I hope your search for God is very touching, tonight

No comments: